Monday, January 14, 2013

creative writing process



  • Write one page, using format requirements in the syllabus, about your creative process.  
    • Share with your audience Share with your audience the techniques used to create and develop the core elements of your short mystery story: Characters/Archetypes, plot, setting
ell-written story.

I am not sure this is what asked for but here goes.
           When I write something, the ideas just pop into my head and just keep coming until I find an idea that seems plausible and sticks with me. Then if I am looking for characters, I actually look through images of men and women either online or in books and just go from there on character description. And whether they are good or bad and their personality is developed from the picture.
          For settings, I use places that I am familiar with and sit outside in them for awhile and describe what I see and try to paint the picture of what I see into the mind of a reader and/or my audience.
The core settings and people are derived from the original idea for example, 
if my idea/title is the mystery of the inevitable, everything comes from the title. The people, places and whatnot come into play from that, or I will even start writing and it will just spin off from there. 
           It is kind of funny, I actually don't have a set way of doing things! It is basically what comes into my head at the time when I read the assignment or whatever and it just keeps on coming and it turns out really intriguing sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment